>New Bern, NC – The New Bern Mall will be hosting “Jump into Summer”, an event that promotes children’s physical fitness, on Saturday, April 30th from 9:30am – 2pm. This event will feature a variety of free activities for children to participate in; a mini seminar on nutrition and a stroller fitness class for parents; and a performance of “Carnival of the Animals” by New Bern Ballet.
In addition, local businesses and organizations will have vendor booths with information about their summer activities. Participating businesses include: Child Care Network; Cornerstone Kidz; Craven Smart Start; Craven County Health Department; Down East Dance; Green Bear Fitness; Play Date; Dr. Amy Gatlin with Thornton Chiropractic; Girl Scouts; and the Twin Rivers YMCA.
The schedule of children’s activities is as follows:
– 9:30am: Green Bear Fitness – Stroller Fitness Class
– 10:00am: Green Bear Fitness – Music and Movement/Smiling Yoga for Children
– 10:30am: Down East Dance – Creative Movement Class
– 11:00am: Twin Rivers YMCA
– 11:30am: Down East Dance – jazz/hip hop
– 12pm: Green Bear Fitness Power Hour
– 12:30pm: Dr. Amy Gatlin – nutrition
– 1pm: New Bern Ballet – Carnival of the Animals
– 1:30pm: Girl Scout Fitness Walk
For more information, call (252) 633-2800
Submitted by: Pinkie Moore, Community Outreach Coordinator, Craven Smart Start, Inc.