Thank you again for participating for the past 2 years in our drive to collect new pajamas for every mother and child entering the CWS safe house. Your generosity also allowed the Coastal Women’s Shelter to distribute pajamas to needy, abused families with whom they have been working…a total of 973 pajamas since we started “Operation Jammies” in November, 2009.
Our goal remains the same, and the need is great…new pajamas for clients of the Coastal Women’s Shelter in Craven, Jones and Pamlico counties. These families could use children’s sizes 6 mos. to size 16, boys and girls. For the mothers, the sizes range from S to XXL. This year, we have five drop off locations:
– The Village Butcher, 3515 Trent Rd., Mon – Fri: 9am to 5:30pm and Sat: 9am – 3pm.
– The Insurance Center, 1320 Commerce Dr., Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 5pm.
– Mitchell’s Hardware, 315 Craven St., Mon – Fri: 6:30am – 5:30pm and Sat: 6:30am – 5pm.
– First Presbyterian Church, 418 New Street, New Bern
– Carolina Comics & More, 4110 Martin Luther King Blvd. (next to NB high school and Hess Station) Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri: 12 noon to 8pm, Wed: 11am – 8pm, Sat: 11am – 7pm and Sun: 1pm – 6pm.
Your continued support will be most appreciated by those who have the least. Please consider donating a pair of pajamas, and please forward this e-mail to all your friends. Our success depends upon your “spreading the word.” Thank you so much for your help.
Please leave your name and address in the collection box if you desire a tax deductible receipt from the Coastal Women’s Shelter. All donations are greatly appreciated.
Margaret Preston and Cherie Davis, Co-Chairwomen, “Operation Jammies”
Submitted by: Pat Moore McDaniel