5th: The Barefoot Movement in Concert, 8:00pm and 10:15pm, Broad Street Social Club, 411 Broad St. For details call 252-259-1134.
6th: Craven County Clean Sweep, 9:00am at Lawson Creek Park. For details call 252-633-1477
6th: Nature Photography Workshop, 9:00am – 2:00pm, Weyerhaeuser’s Cool Springs Environmental Education Center. For details call 252-514-3533
6th: Bear City Opry, doors open at 6:00pm, starts at 7:00pm, 516 Hancock St. For details call 252-670-7082
6th: Improv hosted by John Van Dyke, 10:00pm, Broad Street Social Club, 411 Broad St. For details call 252-259-1134.
7th: Voter Registration, 11:00am – 12:30pm, Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church, 836 Green St. For details call 252-633-2388
7th: New Bern CROP Hunger Walk 2012, check-in: 2:00pm, walk starts at 3:00pm at Union Point Park. For details call 252-288-4927
– Captain Bly’s Shipwreck Cove, 4605 Hwy 70 E., 252-636-2683
– Disc-Frisbie Golf Course located in Glenburnie Park, Glenburnie Rd., New Bern
– Rollerland, roller skating rink, 3502 Neuse Blvd., New Bern 252-633-3804
– The Strike Zone, bowling alley, 3550 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., New Bern 252-637-6033
Visit The City of New Bern’s Parks and Recreation and Craven County Recreation and Parks to see a detailed listing of all the parks and events in New Bern.
We also have many tour options! You don’t have to be a tourist to check out these fun activities and enjoy the weekend!
– Bear Town Bears Walking Tour
– Captain Fins Pontoon and Kayak Rentals and Tours, 252-876-2288
– Captain Nick’s Sightseeing Boat Rides, email
– Carolina Carriage & Tours, 252-675-5360
– Cedar Grove Cemetery Tours, 252-635-1374
– Colonial Capital Helicopter Tours, Kale Storage Rd., 252-514-2242
– Ghosts of New Bern Walking Tour, 252-571-4766
– Lookout Lady Cruise, New Bern Grand Marina F Dock, 252-728-7827
– New Bern Fireman’s Museum, 408 Hancock St., 252-636-4087
– New Bern Tours and Convention Services, 333 Middle St., 252-637-7316 or 800-849-7316
– On The Wind Sailing Cruises, 252-670-3047
– Palm Coast Tours and Outings, 252-665-1175
– Self-Guided African American Heritage Tour sponsored by the Craven County Convention and Visitors Center, 252-637-9400
– Tryon Palace and the North Carolina History Center, 252-637-9400
– Tugboat Cruises LLC, 101 Craven St., 252-349-3819
– Walking Tours, Tryon Palace Historic Sites and Gardens, Corner of Pollock and George Sts., New Bern, 252-514-4900 or 800-767-1560
Have a great weekend!