Thursday, December 6, 2012, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
New Bern Golf & Country Club, Trent Woods, NC
A Uniquely Special and Patriotic Event
– Meet Wounded Warriors from the Barracks – they are representing those who are unable to attend.
– Listen to their stories – you’ll be inspired!
– Special Welcome for the Marines and Sailors, Presentation of the Colors, and Patriotic Music
– Live music, plenty of food and a cash bar
– Ask anyone who has attended and they will tell you “You get far more than you gave!”
The Wounded Warrior Leave program began several years ago when local members of the Military Order of the Purple Heart pledged to give our Wounded Warriors what they wanted for Christmas – to travel home or to be united with family at Camp Lejeune if they were unable to travel. Most of the Wounded Warriors at the Barracks don’t have the disposable income to pay for the trip, so the MOPH stepped up to the plate!
PLEASE SUPPORT THESE WOUNDED MARINES THIS CHRISTMAS!
$30 per person or MORE if you can! Cash Bar and Heavy Hors d’oeuvres
Donations are tax deductible. 100% of the proceeds will be spent to unite the Marines with their families for Christmas. Funds are used to buy airline tickets and hotel stays so the Marines can go home. If the injuries prevent travel, we bring the families to them!
$30 is our goal per attendee, but feel free to give more. Not attending? You may mail any size donation to Jana Tyson, 1915 Trent Blvd, New Bern, NC 28560.
We hope this news will travel around the entire country! Email it, blog it, Facebook it, Tweet it, and keep it moving!! We accept donations from anywhere!!
Submitted by: Commissioner Steve Tyson, MajGen Tom Braaten USMC (ret) and LtGen Harry Blot USMC (ret), Wounded Warrior Christmas Leave Fundraiser