We met members of the Neuse Sunrise Bridgeton Rotary Club during the Bridgeton Blueberry Festival this past weekend.
Watch the video and find out what Joe Hoffman and Chip Chagnon had to say about the Neuse Sunrise Rotary Club.
Rotary International is a global network of community volunteers. Neuse Sunrise (Bridgeton) Rotary club members are business professional, and community leaders who meet regularly at the Bridgeton United Methodist Church, 510 B Street, each Wednesday at 7:30 AM breakfast to plan and implement community service activities and have fun doing it! Visit NeuseSunriseRotary.org if you’d like to learn more about them. The club President, Chip Chagnon gave the Ledger the inside story. “Neuse Sunrise Rotary is a small club with a lot of punch! The club is conducting membership recruiting for the future for even a greater impact. The most recent event was a membership drive at the Bridgeton Blueberry Festival.” The club performs the following specifically for Bridgeton residents:
– Bridgeton Town Hall Beautification
– Craven Community College scholarships
– Working in partnership with the Bridgeton Improvement Committee
– Bridgeton Elementary School Family Christmas Project
– We support the Bridgeton Elementary School Field Day through volunteers helping the school
– We provide Bridgeton Element School Grades K through 5 a gift card from Books-A-Million in recognition of the student of the month who displays good citizenry, does all their homework, and helps others.
– We provide Bridgeton Elementary School Grades K through 5 a gift card from Books-A-Million in recognition of the student of the year
– We sponsor the Interact Club at West Craven Middle School
– We welcome new businesses
– Sponsor West Craven HS juniors to attend Rotary Youth Leadership Awards Program.
– We provide a dictionary for Craven County Third-Graders Schools, public or private.
– We support the New Bern Salvation Army
Chip Chagnon concluded: “Our Rotarians have been also very busy with in international humanitarian service efforts in the world. More than 1.2 million men and women in over 200 countries belong to over 34,000 Rotary clubs. Rotary builds international understanding through scholarships, exchange programs, and humanitarian grants. Throughout the world, Rotary clubs participate in a broad range of educational, intercultural, and humanitarian activities designed to improve the lives of others. It’s amazing what we can accomplish when hearts and minds work together to enhance health, empower youth, promote peace, and improve our community and world. We are very busy with community projects here in Bridgeton and Craven County – very busy.”
While Neuse Sunrise is a young club, the club stakes claim to being Rotary District 7720’s ten-time winner of the Best Small Club category; nine-time winner of the District Governor’s Award for Excellence (overall best District 7720 club); and multiple winner of the coveted Rotary President’s Platinum Level Club Award.
In addition, as if the local impact was not enough, the Neuse Sunrise (Bridgeton) Rotary Club makes a Global Impact through participation the following Rotary International activities:
– Coins for Alzheimer’s Research Trust
– World Polio Eradication Program
– Mercy Ship Project
– The Agape Village Orphanage
– Guatemala Literacy Project
– Water Program for South Sudan
The above information about the Club was provided by Patti Mason.
Consider joining the Neuse Sunrise Rotary Club and make a difference in our community and efforts around the World!
Find out more by call 252-636-2961 or visiting their website: NeuseSunriseRotary.org.