Listen to Laura Johnson’s audio for WNOS 105.9FM and 1450AM here:
3rd – 4th: “Paying the Price” Musical about POWs in Romania, 8:00pm at Christ Church Ministry Center, 311 Middle St. For details, call Ed Braswell or Kandy Antwine at 252-633-2550.
3rd – 5th: NC Sales Tax Holiday Weekend.
3rd – 5th: The Carolinian Shakespeare Festival presents Much Ado About Nothing, Fri and Sat: seating: 6:30pm, curtain: 7:00pm; Sun: seating: 1:30pm, curtain: 2:00pm at the North Carolina History Center, Cullman Performance Hall. For details call 252-639-3524.
4th: Canvas Connections Painting Events at Bear Hands Art Factory and Framing, 219 Middle St. For details call 252-514-2787.
4th: Grand Opening of President Obama’s Grassroots Campaign Office, 10:00am – 6:00pm, 1208 Pollock St. For details call 252-259-8393.
4th: Bear City Opry, doors open at 6:00pm, starts at 7:00pm, 516 Hancock St. For details call 252-670-7082.
Check out local Amusements:
- Captain Bly’s Shipwreck Cove, water slides and pool, miniature golf, batting cages, etc., 4605 Hwy 70 E., 252-636-2683
- Disc-Frisbie Golf Course located in Glenburnie Park, Glenburnie Rd., New Bern
- New Bern Aquatics Center, 1155 Laura Ln., New Bern, 252-639-2980
- George Street Spray Ground, 807 George St., New Bern, 252-633-6679
- Rollerland, roller skating rink, 3502 Neuse Blvd., New Bern 252-633-3804
- The Strike Zone, bowling alley, 3550 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., New Bern 252-637-6033
We also have many tour options! You don’t have to be a tourist to check out these fun activities and enjoy the weekend!
- Captain Fins Pontoon and Kayak Rentals and Tours, 252-876-2288
- Captain Nick’s Sightseeing Boat Rides, email
- Carolina Carriage & Tours, 252-675-5360
- Cedar Grove Cemetery Tours, 252-635-1374
- Colonial Capital Helicopter Tours, Kale Storage Rd., 252-514-2242
- Ghosts of New Bern Walking Tour, 252-571-4766
- Lookout Lady Cruise, New Bern Grand Marina F Dock, 252-728-7827
- New Bern Fireman’s Museum, 408 Hancock St., 252-636-4087
- New Bern Tours and Convention Services, 333 Middle St., 252-637-7316 or 800-849-7316
- On The Wind Sailing Cruises, 252-670-3047
- Palm Coast Tours and Outings, 252-665-1175
- Segway Tours, 800-979-3370
- Self-Guided African American Heritage Tour sponsored by the Craven County Convention and Visitors Center, 252-637-9400
- Tryon Palace and the North Carolina History Center, 252-637-9400
- Tugboat Cruises LLC, 101 Craven St., 252-349-3819
- Walking Tours, Tryon Palace Historic Sites and Gardens, Corner of Pollock and George Sts., New Bern, 252-514-4900 or 800-767-1560
Have a great weekend!