By Kate Horney (www.beyondfitphysiques.com)
BeyondFit’s Low Carb Coconut Macaroons
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (Budget Friendly Tip: Buy in bulk!)
4 egg whites from large eggs (should be about ½ cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar substitute (I like stevia)
2 Tablespoons water
Optional: Dark chocolate for dipping
1) Heat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Measure egg whites. If they aren’t quite ½ cup, add a little water to reach that level. Then add the vanilla, liquid sweetener if using, and water so that sweetener and water together equal 2 Tablespoons.
3) If using powdered sweetener, mix in with unsweetened coconut.
4) Mix dry and wet ingredients together. The mixture should just hold together. Let set a minute or two and you’ll be able to mold them better.
5) Roll into balls a little bigger than an inch in diameter. Slightly flatten and put on baking sheet (whatever shape you put them in is how they will stay, so this is your chance). Put at least half an inch apart.
6) Turn down the oven to 325 F, and bake for about 15 minutes, but start checking them a couple of minutes before. You want them golden brown on the bottom, and just barely starting to brown on top (though if you like them a little crispier, bake a couple of minutes longer).
7) Optional: Dip in Dark chocolate.
Makes about 14 cookies, but yield will vary based on size of the cookies.
If you’re not sure where to start for a healthy holiday? We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more… you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes IMMEDIATELY so you get started with your healthier life TODAY!
By Contributing Author: Kate Horney, BeyondFitPhysiques