Beasley Media Group is partnering with New Bern Parks & Recreation to host “Pets in The Park” sponsored by Jill’s Pet Resort in beautiful Union Point Park, downtown New Bern. The event will be held on Sunday, Sept 18 from 2 pm to 5 pm. Dogs and their families are welcome to this free outdoor pet festival, filled with activities designed to let the dogs out for a day of play and entertainment. All pets will be required to stay on leashes, to ensure a fun, safe afternoon of attractions and activities for families, including:
– A Take Me Home Zone Adopt-a-thon for FURever families with the Colonial Capital Humane Society;
– Pet contests, including Best Tail Wagger, Tallest Dog, Smallest Dog, Barking, Silly Pet Tricks, and Pet Look-a-Likes, sponsored by Paws & Affection; Ribbons for all participants and some cool prizes from Bill’s Pet Shop.
– Strut your Mutt furry fashion show;
– A Dog Wedding sponsored by Thornbury Brides;
– Appearances by the New Bern Police K-9 unit & Darby the Fire Dog from NBFD;
– Cool Down Zone sponsored by Advanced Water Systems;
– Food trucks – Dank Burrito & Fat Fellas BBQ;
– Giveaways – Win a year’s worth of pet food from Piggly Wiggly;
– Face painting for the kids from Hyundai of New Bern
– Music & entertainment for everyone!
“We are very excited to be working with some great folks to put on an entertaining event and show off some local adoptable pets looking for forever homes,” said Market Manager Bruce Simel. “We welcome the community to show their support and bring their dogs! Come join in the fun!”
About Beasley Media Group, Greenville-New Bern-Jacksonville, NC
Beasley Media Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc., a radio broadcasting company that owns and operates 52 stations (34 FM and 18 AM) located in twelve large- and mid-size markets in the United States. In the Greenville-New Bern-Jacksonville radio market, Beasley Media Group owns five FM’s and one AM, including: WSFL-FM 106.5; WIKS-FM 101.9; WMGV-FM103.3, WXNR-FM 99.5; WNCT-FM 107.9; and, WNCT-AM 1070. Founded in 1961, Beasley Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: BBGI) is headquartered in Naples, Florida. For more information, please visit BBGI.com.
Submitted by: Cat Johnson, Beasley Media Group, New Bern