The “Footloose on the Neuse” Summer Concert Series, presented by New Bern Parks and Recreation will premiere on Friday, May 25th at Union Point Park, 210 East Front Street in downtown New Bern. This new, family friendly event includes live music on select Friday evenings throughout the summer from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Admission is free. Blankets and lawn chairs are permitted.
A variety of musical acts are included in the concert lineup:
– May 25, – Carolina Soul Band (Motown, Soul)
– June 15, – Soul Psychedelique (High energy dance/rock)
– June 29, – Jukebox Revolver (variety)
– July 27 – Party Parrot (Jimmy Buffet Tribute)
– August 17 – Boys from Carolina Bluegrass Band (Bluegrass)
– August 31 – Joe Brown Band (variety)
– September 14 – The Castaways (Beach)
“We are thrilled to offer this new concert series to the citizens and visitors of New Bern. This event provides a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy great music in a beautiful setting. We encourage you to bring your friends and family out for a fun evening.” said City of New Bern Director of Parks and Recreation Foster Hughes.
For sponsorship opportunities or additional information about the Summer Concert series, please contact New Bern Parks and Recreation at 252-639-2901, or visit us online at NewBern.Recdesk.com.
Submitted by: Foster Hughes, CPRE, Director of Parks & Recreation, City of New Bern