Celebrating our 100th Episode
Find out the latest “positive” news and information about our beautiful and happening town of New Bern and Beyond. Beyond, meaning our travels throughout Eastern North Carolina!
During this show, New Bern Now’s Podsquad: Laura Johnson (New Bern Now), Lisa Bisbee-Lentz (Greater Good Gallery), Rich Sheridan (Crystal Coast Discovery Map), Susan Moffat-Thomas, Colleen Roberts (City of New Bern), Kathy Morrison (New Bern Historical Society) George Oliver (Oliver and Cheek, PLLC), Tracey Stones (NCMZ.live) and I talked about all kinds of positive things happening in our community! We were joined by the Southern Gentlemen Barbershop Chorus (Dave Parker, Jeremy LeRay, John Daly, and Randy Miller). Podsquad members: Jane Maulucci (The Reactive Voice) and Clayton Cheek (Oliver and Cheek, PLLC) were out of town.
Listen to our podcast show here:
This episode is Sponsored by New Bern Sporting Goods. They are a one stop shop for teams and athletes. They create custom apparel for teams, churches, businesses and more. They also embroider, screen print and engrave. Visit them at 3721 Trent Rd, call 252-638-1136 or check their Facebook page as their website is currently under construction.
If you didn’t know, The Podsquad meets every other Thursday to record the bulk of the podcast. We also do phone interviews throughout the week and insert the recording into the next podcast.
0:55 – Catching Up
1:28 – New Bern’s NewsTalk Radio Station WNOS 103.9FM and 1450AM
1:45 – Lessons Learned
3:25 – Lessons Learned (Continued)
4:58 – Anyone can Podcast!
6:43 – Southern Gentlemen Barbershop Chorus, Dave Parker, Jeremy LeRay, John Daly, and Randy Miller joined us and sang to us “This Little Light of Mine, I’m Gonna Let it Shine”
9:46 – Podsquad Awards Ceremony
11:16 – What were you doing on June 12, 2014?
– Crystal Coast Discovery Map and Crystal Coast Events
– New Bern Now’s Ledger Magazine
– Sleepy Hollow filming in New Bern
– Oliver and Cheek
– Digitizing Swiss Bear Records and Susan Moffat-Thomas Retired from Swiss Bear
– New Bern’s Art Scene began to flourish in 2014
22:03 – Tracey Stones
– Did you know that Karaoke affects local bands
– Circa 1810 Bar at the Harvey Mansion
– Blackbeard’s Triple Play
– Deck Party at Christoph’s on the Water at the DoubleTree
– The City Stage at City Laundry
– New Bern Parks and Recreation – Footloose on the Neuse
30:13 – New Bern Historical Society
– Spies, Secrets and Shenanigans in Civil War Craven County by Edward Barnres Ellis, Jr.
– Lunch and Learn: New Bern’s First Suburb with Tim Thompson
31:40 – New Bern Sporting Goods
32:21 – City Hall Update
– PACT (Police and Community Together – Everyone Achieves More) – Teaching kids about the City budget deficits
– B.E.A.R. Afterschool Program
34:47 – Greater Good Gallery
37:00 – Promise Place Barn Bash
38:22 – The Life and Legacy of Mr. J. T. Barber
39:47 – Coco – Summer 2018 Children’s Movies Series
40:22 – Stuff the Bus Event
40:52 – 14th Annual Back to School Celebration
41:11 – Walk In Bathtub Improv
41:37 – Broad Street Open Mic Night
42:06 – New Bern History Tour 5K or 10K
42:45 – Lunch and Learn: Tryon Palace Gardens
43:23 – Daytrippin’
– NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores
– Kids earn Ranger Patch at Fort Macon
– Music at MacDaddy’s
– Alive at Five in Downtown Morehead City
– Live Entertainment at the Crystal Coast
49:18 – The Brown Pelican
50:29 – The Thirsty Bruin
50:52 – Dueling Music segment between Tracey Stones and Rich Sheridan
52:04 – Interview with Pat Drake about the 5th Annual “No Child Wet Behind” Diaper Drive
53:39 – Religious Community Services wins New Bern Now’s Advertising package worth $450
53:57 – Interview with Shannon Vickery, Director of Production Partnerships and Business Development, with UNC TV Public Media North Carolina CARES
58:53 – Ben Watford’s Face jug is in Former President Obama’s Office
Tune into our latest Podcast episodes on our ITunes and Libsyn Channels. You can also listen to the show on New Bern’s News Talk Radio Station 103.9FM and 1450AM. Special thanks to Mike Afflerbach, owner of New Bern’s NewsTalk Radio Station for airing our Podcast every Wednesday at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
We’ll be back on August 27, 2018.
Join the New Bern Live Facebook group to learn about all the different citizen media resources that we have in our community and engage in the conversation.
Please let us know if you have any comments, suggestions, or would like to set up an interview and spread the word about a special event or other interesting topic. Send me an email or give me a call at 252-259-6853.