NEW BERN, N.C. – On May 26, Tryon Palace will offer free admission to all active duty and military veterans, and their dependents and minor children in honor of Memorial Day. Because Tryon Palace is closed Mondays, the museum will mark the occasion Sunday. Hours of operation are 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Free One Day Passes will be issued with proof of service or military identification, and include the tours of the Governor’s Palace and historic homes, access to 16 acres of grounds and gardens, and admission to the galleries in the North Carolina History Center.
Upcoming Events at Tryon Palace
– Behind the Scenes: Costume Shop Tour – May 28
– Behind the Scenes: Garden Tour – June 4
– First Friday: The Importance of the Tryon Palace Gardens Yesterday and Today – June 7
– Barbour Boats Exhibit Reopening – June 8
– Garden Lecture Series: Pretty is as Pretty Does – June 8
Submitted by: Regina A. Ochoa, Director of Public Affairs, Tryon Palace