Fish are abundant in the Neuse and Trent rivers and their tributaries.The brackish water provides a haven for both freshwater and saltwater species.
We have large mouth bass, striped bass, bream, catfish, chain pickerel, crappie, drum, flounder, gar, perch, redfish, shad, speckled trout, sunfish, tarpon, and many more species.
Bait and Tackle Stores:
- Crabpots Etc., 4300 Hwy 70 E., New Bern, 252-635-3159
- Custom Marine Inc., 2401 Hwy 70 E., New Bern, 252-638-5422
- Sportsman’s Toy Store, 2551 Hwy 70 E., New Bern, 252-638-5600
- East Carolina Saltwater Fishing Club, meetings are held at 7:00pm on the first Tuesday of every month at Famous Subs & Pizza, 2210 Neuse Blvd, New Bern, 252-626-5769, 252-637-5780, or 252-259-4736. The club consists of those with or without boats and holds monthly fishing tournaments for members.
- Fairfield Harbour Fishing Club, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just for Kids Fishing fully furnished fishing, Vanceboro, 252-244-1349
- Four Seasons Guide Service, 1303 Kimberly Rd, 252-638-6797
- Speckrigg Charter Guide Service, 220 Gibbs Rd, 252-637-6908
- Spec Fever Guide Service, PO Box 1029, Oriental, NC 28571, 252-249-1520